FOR HOSPITALS, MEDICAL FACILITIES & INSTITUTIONS SERVING THE NEEDS OF SICK AND INJURED CHILDREN:
The Little Zoo That Could is an exceptional video library asset with a proven track-record in its wide appeal to a children's audience. Millions of kids from around the world watched the amazing adventures of Zoo Director Patti Hall, her intrepid zookeepers, and their menagerie of cherished animals. From the thousands of letters and emails that poured in from kids of all ages, the most poignant of these came from children undergoing treatment for serious medical issues. Anxious to share their love of animals and their own personal stories, they identified and bonded with the little zoo and its many challenges.
THE 14-EPISODE DVD SET OFFERS YOUNG PATIENTS:
- a captivating and exciting story that will keep kids and their families engrossed from episode to episode
- many silly, funny, outrageous and uplifting scenes
- a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at what it's really like to work at a zoo with exotic animals
- fun facts and factoids about animals
- real-life characters, both human and animal, that kids can relate to, and find likable, even lovable. Baby tigers are adorable.
- opportunities for gentle discussions about the emotional experiences some of the zookeepers go through when any of the zoo's animals become sick and need medical care
- a realtime connection to the ongoing community of the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- an appropriate viewing experience that can be shared between young patients and their medical caregivers
Watch this clip
Click here for:
"When our son was a cancer patient at the Children's Hospital of Minneapolis we watched the entire DVD series of The Little Zoo That Could and we couldn't have been more grateful. The story was utterly captivating, inspiring and sweet. We laughed and learned so many cool things about animals and zookeeping. It was the perfect medicine through some rough times."
St. Louis Park, MN